The three story Neoclassical style, brick building has four white pillars centrally positioned. A porch runs across the front of the building with access by a double staircase. An inscription on the upper face of the building reads, "Home for Children Erected A.D. 1908." The barren trees indicate late fall or winter.
|Title||D. A. Blodgett Home for Children|
|Current Address||920 Cherry St. SE|
|Pre 1912 Address||662 Cherry St. SE|
|Architect||Asbury W. Buckley, Chicago, IL|
|Contractor||N. J. Westra, Grand Rapids|
|Original Owner||Children's Home Society|
|Neighborhood||Fairmount Square District|
|Information Source||ICCF; Michigan Tradesman, September 16, 1908, page 2|
The date of the photograph is unknown.
|Collection||Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Grand Rapids Public Library|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI