Evelyn Lucille Bethea Bedgood - 1938
The three story red brick building in Neoclassical style shows two of its four white pillars on the east side of the building. Two houses are visible at the left behind a brick wall that defined the property.
|Title||D. A. Blodgett Home, 1930s|
|Creator||Evelyn Lucille Bethea Bedgood|
|Current Address||920 Cherry St. SE|
|Pre 1912 Address||662 Cherry St. SE|
|Architect||Asbury W. Buckley, Chicago, IL|
|Contractor||N. J. Westra, Grand Rapids|
|Original Owner||Children's Home Society|
|Original Use||For temporary care of children under the age of twelve, until adopted or returned to parents.|
|Neighborhood||Fairmount Square District|
|Information Source||ICCF; Michigan Tradesman, September 16, 1908, page 2; A History of the D.A. Blodgett Homes for Children|
Title by cataloger. Photograph taken by Ms. Bedgood when her daughter, Bobbie Jean, was a patient here. The building was leased to the Mary Free Bed Guild for use as an orthopedic center and convalescent hospital for children in 1935.