Robinson Studio - 1949
Several people and a dog examine the newest car design since the World War II, when almost no models changes were made, at the Berger Chevrolet Showroom at 1451 Lake Dr SE. The glass-block windows at the side and front of the showroom allow light but no view from the street and fluorescent fixtures also provide some illumination. Ferns and floral displays are placed about the floor.
|Title||Berger Chevrolet Showroom|
|Current Address||1451 Lake Drive SE|
|Date Constructed||1929 ca|
|Original Owner||Edward M. Schopps|
|Original Use||Automobile dealership, GR Buick|
|Information Source||Grand Rapids City Directory; Berger family|
Title by cataloger. The building now houses the Lake Drive Post Office sub-station. A quick glance at the front of the current building will show where the original large display windows and doors were located when it was an automobile dealership.
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image available from Berger Chevrolet, 2525 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI. 49512.