The Camera Shop - 1934
The light-colored brick building has three large windows opening onto the showroom floor, two garage doors--one open and one closed, and two more large windows at the far right of the building. The large sign over the entry door identifies Berger Chevrolet Used Cars, a smaller sign over the open garage door reads, Super Chevrolet Service, and a sign in the window at the far left advertises, Buy Your Used Car from a New Car Dealer. The used car lot is at the right of the building.
|Title||Berger Chevrolet Dealership|
|Creator||The Camera Shop|
|Current Address||1451 Lake Drive SE|
|Date Constructed||1929 ca|
|Original Owner||Edward M. Schopps|
|Original Use||Automobile dealership|
|Information Source||Grand Rapids City Directory; Berger family|
The first occupant was Grand Rapids Buick Autos, Edward M. Schopps, Pres.; the second, in 1932, was Allen Motor Car Co., a Pontiac dealer. W. H. Berger, founder of Berger Chevrolet, moved from his original location on Wealthy near Diamond in 1933, to 1451 Lake Drive. Later the building was occupied by the U.S. Post Office. Berger Chevrolet moved 2525 28th St. SE.
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image available from Berger Chevrolet, 2525 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI. 49512.